Your Favourite Place

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Your Favourite Place

Postby laurenmay » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 am

Wow, onyx007, I couldn't be more jealous if I tried!!! Your South American experiences sound wonderful.

You have some fantastic experiences under your belt, what are you planning for next?
laurenmay
User Rank: Traveller

Postby onyx007 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:24 am

laurenmay wrote:Wow, onyx007, I couldn't be more jealous if I tried!!! Your South American experiences sound wonderful.

You have some fantastic experiences under your belt, what are you planning for next?

Next journey will bring me back to Canada, this time to explore the east. I've booked me in for the so called Moosebus. But all this experiences were in the last 10 years and I'm now 35 years old, so with 21 you still got much time to conquer the world as well. Happy travels !
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby laurenmay » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:12 am

Gosh, that is fantastic! Yes I have also looked into Moose, you will have to let us know how you get on!
laurenmay

Postby IncaTrail50 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am

onyx007 wrote:Next journey will bring me back to Canada, this time to explore the east. I've booked me in for the so called Moosebus.

Hey onyx007, not sure if you'll be getting to Prince Edward Island on the Moosebus but if you do go, in Stanley Bridge there's a restaurant called "Sutherland's" that has the most delicious lobster chowder. It's a must-do!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby onyx007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

IncaTrail50 wrote:
onyx007 wrote:Next journey will bring me back to Canada, this time to explore the east. I've booked me in for the so called Moosebus.

Hey onyx007, not sure if you'll be getting to Prince Edward Island on the Moosebus but if you do go, in Stanley Bridge there's a restaurant called "Sutherland's" that has the most delicious lobster chowder. It's a must-do!

Thanks IncaTrail50
I'll be on PEI, but I think I'm in Charlottetown and at that "Anne of Green Gables"-Place, but if we get to Stanley Bridge and there is no "group"-option for meal, I'll check out this restaurant.
onyx007

Postby onyx007 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 am

laurenmay wrote:Gosh, that is fantastic! Yes I have also looked into Moose, you will have to let us know how you get on!

I took the Schooner-Tour which is a 20-day tour out of Toronto. We visited the 1000 Islands, Montreal (with the International Jazz Festival going on), Bay of Fundy (Clam Digging and Lobster Cruise), Halifax, Cape Breton Island with the Cabot Trail, Prince Edward Island and the Green Gables-Homestead (Anne of Green Gables), the Hopewell Rocks, Quebec City (really a great place) and finally Ottawa (with a fantastic light show on Parliament Hill). It was a great group and a great experience and really worth the money.

You have the option to book only the transport or a "inclusive"-option including the accomodation, I think the inclusive option might cost a little bit more than if you pay each place by yourself, but I might be mistaken. The only thing I know that it might be a better option to get a HI Membership, because either for the inclusive tour or in some of the hostels like Halifax you get a discount.

And finally the starting and ending point in Toronto is the "Global Village Backpacker Hostel". It's not that nice place but in the inclusive tour the pre and post night are included, but if I had the option, I would probably go to another place. I heard that the "Canadiana" nearby is much better.

So I would anytime go again on this tour; with the change to get a HI Membership, look if the inclusive tour might be cheaper and stay in Toronto in another hostel.
onyx007

Postby michael002 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 am

South Luangwa National Park, Zambia -- amazing sunsets and there was something just extraordinary about having elephants and hippos coming through the campsite.
michael002
User Rank: Daytripper

My favorites so far

Postby noodengr » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 pm

I have traveled more than most of the people I work and interact with. This question is the most common one I get when the subject of travel comes up. Where / what was your favorite trip?

For years my standard answer has been "There is a tie for first place, living in rustic conditions for 2 weeks on the small Fijian island of Voro Voro with a handful of Westerners and a handful of Fijians learning and sharing the Fijian culture. That was Tribewanted.com first location And the second being sailing on a French built yacht with a Welsh name ( PWYLL) with an American/Italian captain who I had met in Fiji, in Greek waters off the Turkish coast." Then I add "if you have to turn 50 it is a hell of a way to do it"
Both those trips Feb/Mar 2008 and Sept 2010, predate my discovery of Gadventures

Since then I have taken 3 Gadventure tours . My 1st was South Africa and Namibia Feb/Mar 2013
would be my 3rd best trip , with the Balkan adventure Sept 2013 ranking 4th overall.
besides the sights traveling with like minded folks sure adds to the experience
Sept will tell where my next Gadventure tour , The Best of Eastern Europe , will land in the rankings.

great question thanks for asking
noodengr

Postby einmalumdiewelt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:38 am

Berlin for sure! It's got so much character, heart and history :) Plus it's pretty cheap, loads of different nationalities and amazing bars, parks and musuems. Check it out!
einmalumdiewelt

Previous

Return to Off-topic