trying to locate guide Ceasar (Inka Trail) - Cusco

Reconnect with friends you made on a recent G Adventures tour.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

trying to locate guide Ceasar (Inka Trail) - Cusco

Postby pharm_traveler » Sun May 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Hey,
I think that this may be an impossible thing to do, but its worth a shot. I just came back from Amazon to the Andes and had Ceasar as my guide for the Inka Trail. He was just awesome and we all wanted to stay in contact. Our whole group invited him for dinner the night we finished and said we would exchange info then. We also got him something. Unfortunatly, after waiting for 45 min at the place, he called saying something came up and he couldn't make it. So we never got to exchange our info with him or to give him his present. Is it possible to get any information such as email or even last name so I can try and get a letter or email to him??? We would all really love to be able to talk to him again.
If anyone has any idea on how to do this it would be really appreciated!
If this is not possible, our Cusco GAP rep was Corina. If I could get her email, maybe she could get in contact with him for us.
Hope someone can help! We just felt so bad we never got to say Thank you or goodbye.
Jess
The only way to move on is to move foward...
pharm_traveler
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: trying to locate guide Ceasar (Inka Trail) - Cusco

Postby roofie » Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 am

Didn't have Ceasar but met him. Can't remember his last name either but you might wanna try calling the Gap office in Lima since they know the Inka trail guides pretty well.

You could also try searching on facebook, quite a few gap reps/guides have an account.
roofie
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby pharm_traveler » Fri May 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks!!!
I"ll give that a shot :-)
The only way to move on is to move foward...
pharm_traveler

Postby zankhnax » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:42 am

We had Ceasr for our Inca Trail and had arrange to meet up in Cusco but he failed to turn up! Pity as he was a good guide apart from that and we would have loved to have kept in touch. Please let me know if you do track him down?

Good luck!
Zee
zankhnax

Postby eyuffe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Just got back from our trip to Peru (inca trail and then to Mancora to relax). We as well had Ceasar as our guide and thought he was a FANTASTIC guide!!

We all went out the night we got back and he did show up (late but he came). Had dinner and came out dancing with us. We had an early flight to catch the next day so we left a t midnight but supposedly some of them stayed partying with Ceaser until 2:30am, and he didn't say good-bye just disappered. They were lucky and got his e mail before he took off. but have not heard from him yet!!

We think it must be hard for him (and other guides) to contantly be meeting people and bonding with them for those days on the trail and then never seeing them again. He even said to us when we said good night that he doesn't like to say good-bye he prefers "see you"

If I hear anything from him I will let you all know!!
eyuffe

Return to G Adventures Alumni