Yellow fever jab

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Yellow fever jab

Postby jessv » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:06 pm

My travel agent told me that some areas of Argentina require you to have the yellow fever jab and show evidence of this when entering the country. I am travelling via buenos aires then straight to Ushuaia. Did anyone else need the yellow fever jab for Ushuaia and buenos aires?
jessv
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Yellow fever jab

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:14 pm

No. You're not going to be near the jungle or mosquitos so don't worry about YF.
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby dmitri1999 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:24 pm

If you are traveling from Africa, they may ask you to have the vaccination slip.
All and all, it's a good vaccine to have,among with 2-3 others.
dmitri1999
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby sentarla@13 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:04 am

No mentioned if you need it if you are flying into São Paulo and then onto BA and then down south to catch the boat. Do I need it then? I am not spending time in Brazil and only leaving airport for a few hours. If I did get it, how long before I go should I get it?
sentarla@13
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby kcupp95 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 am

What does your home country say?

You may be required to show evidence of yellow fever vaccination to immigration/customs when returning home.

There could potentially be a blanket rule for South America or entire countries, with immigration not interested in which specific area in Argentina you went to.
kcupp95
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby seanworldtraveller » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:43 pm

I'm from Canada and my travel clinic's system showed yellow fever as a required vaccination for entry into Argentina, so I got the shot and I have a document proving it - I am bringing it with me. whether you actually need to show proof or not, I think it's a good vaccination to get. I also got the Hep A and Typhoid vaccination for my trip.
seanworldtraveller

Postby sentarla@13 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 am

It gets a little confusing again for me. I don't live in my home country and it says that I can still come into the country but will be given info about getting it but it assumes I have just come back come South america which I won't be. My current country is not fussed as long as I have not been to Africa. I was thinking of getting it anyway but It might be cutting it too close to the trip and I have also heard that it is really hard to get the shot in this country ( uae) as there are shortages. Very frustrating. I have read more on the WHO site and they say our areas are not recommended and the Argentine website said It is okay too so I think I will just skip it.
sentarla@13

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic