Antarctica guide book

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Antarctica guide book

Postby jessv » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi,

I've read that a guide book is included in the trip. Do we receive this when we arrive or is it posted in advance? Im really keen to start reading up on Antarctica now I'm booked, so hoping we are sent it in advance. If not, does anyone know which one they give us - I'll then make sure I buy a different one

Thanks
jessv
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Antarctica guide book

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:41 pm

We got it on the tour. It was placed in our staterooms shortly after we checked in but this was 3.5 years ago when they first started giving out the guidebooks so things may have changed.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Re: Antarctica guide book

Postby jessv » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:50 pm

ExplorerWannaBe wrote:We got it on the tour. It was placed in our staterooms shortly after we checked in but this was 3.5 years ago when they first started giving out the guidebooks so things may have changed.

Wow thanks for the super quick response! That's what I thought - do you remember what book it was (lonely planet,DPK)?
jessv

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic