Clothing Rental - Ushuaia

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Clothing Rental - Ushuaia

Postby krate » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:14 am

Hi!

Hoping for some guidance. I'm traveling from Sydney to Ushuaia for Quest for the Antarctic Circle but I have no need or desire for waterproof pants in my regular life, so was thinking of hiring in Ushuaia when I land. Anyone have any suggestions on if this is a good idea (I'm slightly curvier than I should be) and where is a good spot to do so?

Thanks for your help!
krate
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Clothing Rental - Ushuaia

Postby markmol » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:52 pm

hi here are some place in Ushuaia for clothing rental.

Antarctic Equipment
Drake Hostel
Gobernador Paz 865
9410 Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Phone/Fax: +54 (2901) 436005
E-mail: antarctic_equipment@hotmail.com/ drakehostel@speedy.com.ar

Jumping Rental Ski Ushuaia
9 de Julio 128
9410 Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Phone/Fax: +54 (2901) 436709
E-mail: info@jumpingushuaia.com.ar

Ushuaia Outdoors
Gobernador Godoy 55 – Ushuaia
Phone/Fax: +54 2901 424498
Emergencies: +54 9 (2901) 1560 7267
E-mail: info@ushuaiaoutdoors.com.ar
Web: www.ushuaiaoutdoors.com
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby celestial-navigation » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I know one of my friends had some issues finding clothing in curvier sizes, so if you can at all it might be worth picking up a pair locally. They can usually be found pretty cheaply on eBay if nothing else, and it gives you a chance to make sure they fit and are a sensible length. Look for something that's got a 10,000mm hydrostatic head rating and you'll be fine!

If you do decide to hire then it's definitely worth calling in advance to check they have your size and will hold it for you. Also worth checking that your flight times and the opening hours of the store will allow you to both pick up and return them, as one of my friends got stuck on the way back with a flight that left before the shop had opened to hand the clothing back and it all got very logistically complicated.
celestial-navigation
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby @_kezm » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32 am

I too am curvy and struggling to find a pair.

In Australia, mountain designs and anaconda have them, but for men and therefore snug at the hips. I bought a pair 'just in case', this way I have a pair and I can maximise my time at the end of the world rather than getting into a tizz that I can't find them locally and miss out on the sceney.

Kez :)
@_kezm

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic