Svalbard Express

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Svalbard Express

Postby collywobbles » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi all :)

Just wondering if anyone has ever done this trip before. How does it compare to realm of the polar bear ? I know its a shorter trip. and Its for those who are short on time. Do you see as much of the Islands .Do you do much exploring .See as much wildlife ? Just wondering about this trip.

Many thanks. :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Svalbard Express

Postby panji » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:51 am

Hello,
Sorry I don't have any answer for you, but I'm kind off asking myself the same questions! It seems to be a new tour. I'm interested in this also.
The advantage would be the price also I guess.
This is "expedition" style cruising so you cannot foresee anything really (about wildlife) I guess but from the map they don't seem to allow the possibility to go down the south.
Can somebody confirm ?
panji
User Rank: Traveller

Postby alexcowan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi!

This is simply a shorter trip in Svalbard. It's impossible to say what you would/wouldn't see, but obviously there will be less time exploring and you won't see as much simply because you aren't looking for as long. It will still be a good trip, but you're likely to get more out of a longer one.
alexcowan

Postby panji » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for the information Alex!
panji

Postby panji » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 am

I did book the trip. Not going for the longer ones, but I'm thrilled to be back again for an adventure! Maybe you'll be on board Alex ? (I was on the Arctic Highlight trip in 2012).
panji

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic