Arctic 2013 Boot Size & Vouchers

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Arctic 2013 Boot Size & Vouchers

Postby nzannie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:51 am

Hi am booked on the September 13 trip on MS Expedition in Arctic & was wondering if anyone knows what the story is with the boots, and sizes, they provided - do they need your size before departure?.

Also paid up a couple of months ago and yet to receive any vouchers or confirmation paperwork.

Thanks for any feedback
nzannie
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Arctic 2013 Boot Size & Vouchers

Postby anonymous928 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:31 am

I travelled to Antarctica in the 2012-2013 season and you did not need to provide sizes in advance. On day 2 or 3 (took 2 days before arrived and could land) they called you down to the mud room in groups and you tried on boots and exchanged sizes until you found a good fit. As long as you wear a "standard" size I would not be worried. If you have especially small or large feet you might want to contact G Adventures or bring your own pair.

I paid several months in advance but did not receive my final travel vouchers until 2 weeks before my departure; however, I booked through a travel agent and was advised this was the case upon booking. Not sure if it is different if you book directly.

It's a great ship, enjoy!
anonymous928
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby nzannie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks heaps for this confirmation really appreciate it I normally travel solo not through companies and was just wondering if this was normal. :)
nzannie

Postby nikimarcotte » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 pm

usually as soon as you have paid in full, you can print off your vouchers. I just got access to mine for a tour departing in end of September. on the same link I got in emails to check my invoice...once I have signed in, there is another thing below the invoice for VOUCHERS to click on and view/print
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby dawnt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm

If you have fat calf muscles like me go for the shorter boot and wear leggings with thermals as I couldn't fit into them with my fleece lined trousers, good job I had leggings as well. Just got back late this afternoon from my 11 day trip - it was brilliant - hope you enjoy your trip.

Dawn
dawnt

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic