Airlines to Ushuaia

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Airlines to Ushuaia

Postby tbj_tbs » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Hello All,

I am just wondering what airlines you took to Ushuaia.
I am a year out from trip and am looking at pricing for flights, however I cannot find a carrier, besides LAN (and its too early for their schedule for my trip.)

I am departing from Vancouver, BC, and just wondering how you got from North America to Ushuaia.

Thanks!
tbj_tbs
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Airlines to Ushuaia

Postby anonymous928 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:05 am

LAN and Aerolineas Argentina are the only airlines that fly to Ushuaia regularly. LAN is oneworld alliance, and Aerolineas Argentina is SkyTeam. I flew American Airlines and Aerolineas Argentina on separate tickets which I would not recommend since Aerolineas Argentina is notorious for their delays/schedule changes. I was definitely sweating it on the way home of missing my American flight (and having to buy a new ticket) because of a last minute schedule change out of Ushuaia. I would suggest picking an alliance and getting it all on one ticket code share, with whoever would get you from Canada normally. Also be mindful of which airport you are transiting through if using Buenos Aires - there are two airports about an hour apart.

My Aerolineas ticket was about $650USD round trip from Buenos Aires, purchased 6 months in advance last year if that helps untils schedules are posted.
anonymous928
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic