on board electricity

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

on board electricity

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Shoot! I had seen it somewhere but now for the life of me cannot find it again. What kind of power adapter do I need for on board and in the hotel? its one of the last things I need to get for January
jen_the_rockhopper
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: on board electricity

Postby giskard » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 pm

The outlets on board the M/S Expedition are "European style" (which, incidentally, is also the way they are in most of South America), i.e. two round prongs.
giskard
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 pm

jen_the_rockhopper

Postby manoharan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 am

There are two power outlets in the cabin. You may want to take an adaptor (euro) and a powerboard (from your country) which would then give you plenty of supply points.
manoharan
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby kaiyara » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:24 am

It is simply the trip of a life time. Shortly I will be visiting my 50th country since 1999 ( a lot with GAP/G btw). I love travel, the location and the people and on different levels I've enjoy them all but Antarctica is on a different level. My journal entries will give you an idea of the full program and the enjoyment of this experience but truly I can do it justice.

The G Adventure staff and experts are an amazing group of people. I loved talking to them one on one including during our meals. They were all friendly and approachable and they all have a great passion for their work. Enjoy the experience, you won't forget it.
Kaiyara
kaiyara

Postby alexcowan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 am

manoharan wrote:There are two power outlets in the cabin. You may want to take an adaptor (euro) and a powerboard (from your country) which would then give you plenty of supply points.

This is assuming you're not from the US. In that case you're better off with a 220-240V power strip and then an adapter for every device.
alexcowan
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic