Do I need a Brazilian visa as a transit passenger ?

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Do I need a Brazilian visa as a transit passenger ?

Postby roliecarron » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 am

I hope someone can answer this question for me.
I am a Canadian Citizen and will be going to Argentina to start my trip to the Antartica in Jan.2013.
I will be a transit passenger through Brazil.
The first part of my journey will be in Brazil international airport terminal 1 for less than 2 hrs as a transit passenger. On the way out of Argentina via Brazil and onward home will be in transit
for about 7 hrs. again arriving into terminal 1 and exiting out of terminal 1... My question is "do i need a Brazilian visa>
I am getting different answers from the Brazilian embassies and other information so I just want to see
what other Canadians are doing so I wont have any problems when I am a transit passenger>
I finally contacted another Brazilian embassy and they told me I did not need one as a transit passenger.
Of course I will show them my onward ticket in Brazil and my reciprocity payment for Argentina. Any input to this concern would be great.
Thanks so much Rolie
HI Everyone on the Inca trek and Machu Pichu area. Had a fabulous time. Percy was great. our guide on the tour. Looking for Rochelle,s email address is anyone has. Great pictures and fond memories of this trip. Awesome Rolie Carron
roliecarron
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic