reciprocity fee

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

reciprocity fee

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi

I was hoping someone might know about the whole reciprocity fee for argentina. I am trying to figure out of I just have to pay the one time fee or if because the ship comes back into Argentina if we have to pay the other one that is about 2x price. I dont want to pay the more expensive one if i do not have to but I also do not want to screw myself.
Thoughts anyone?
jen_the_rockhopper
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: reciprocity fee

Postby roliecarron » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm

HI Jen
I have the same concerns.
Finally I was able to go ahead and pay my fees online with some difficulty.
I see on the printed form it is valid until 2/18/2013 . Paid $75.00
I am hoping that this is good for each time I enter into Argentina. Have you heard anything differently?
Once I leave the Antartica trip I am heading to Buenos Aires for one night and then off to Easter Island. see you on the ship Rolie C.
HI Everyone on the Inca trek and Machu Pichu area. Had a fabulous time. Percy was great. our guide on the tour. Looking for Rochelle,s email address is anyone has. Great pictures and fond memories of this trip. Awesome Rolie Carron
roliecarron
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby anonymous928 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

The reciprocity fee is a one time fee that is good for 10 years. Depending on your arrival date and airport you must pay this fee online in advance. I paid in advance before my trip earlier this month and had no problem in Buenos Aires. I have attached a copy of the notice for US visitors. The dates will be the same, but the fee may by country of citizenship.

Here is a link to the payment website:

https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/A ... istro.aspx

NEW RECIPROCITY FEE FOR U.S. TOURIST OR BUSINESS VISITORS

Effective October 31, 2012 (Aeroparque) and December 28, 2012 (Ezeiza)

The National Immigration Agency (Dirección Nacional de Migraciones) has added a new form of payment of the reciprocity rate (visitor visa – rate for Americans of USD$160), through the Provincia Payment System. Until now, this fee was paid upon arrival at the airport (either Aeroparque or Ezeiza). Effective October 31, 2012 for arrivals to Aeroparque and effective December 28, 2012 for arrivals to Ezeiza International airport, all U.S. tourist or business visitors must pay the reciprocity rates (USD$160 for Americans) with their credit card through the on-line system. After these dates, cash payments will NOT be accepted at the airports.
anonymous928
User Rank: Traveller

Postby trumpeteerav » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 am

I paid the fee at the airport in BA when I flew in from Atlanta. This was November 5th. They even take American Express! :-) The other people I ended up with once I arrived all paid at the airport as well. There is a separate line for those that have theirs prepaid and another for those that need to fork it over.
trumpeteerav
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby shelchan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 am

Atlanta, hi! :)

I paid my fee online. In the US it is $160 I believe and good for up to ten years. I paid it online because it was easier and I'd already have the paper needed. If you pay online, don't forget to print out the form it gives you because that's what you have to show to enter the country. I want to say toward the middle of December you must start doing it online, so you may as well do it there. I head out in a couple days and am just shy of the cut off, but better safe than sorry! :)
shelchan

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic