BA airport transfer

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

BA airport transfer

Postby pattyandmax » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Does anyone have any advice on getting from one airport to another?
We are arriving early New Year's Day and I would like to make arrangements ahead of time.
pattyandmax
User Rank: Weekender

Re: BA airport transfer

Postby tletter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 pm

pattyandmax wrote:Does anyone have any advice on getting from one airport to another?

Is this a generic question or do you have a specific city in mind?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10.mx/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby wattsed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm

tletter---I thought the heading of the post would have given you a clue!! Anyway, there is a service that I used when I went to Antarctica to get from the International airport to the Domestic airport and the reverse on the way back...Unfortunately, I have forgotten the name; however, I think if you google BA airport transfers or something similar it will come up---this firm has buses, vans and cars which are different prices of course but have similar times between airports ...with the van or bus you may have to wait a little longer to accomodate all booked on the particular vehicle...I booked in advance and they were waiting for me and were very efficient--I paid with a credit card with no problem...I chose the car as there were a couple of us and when we split the cost it was cheaper than the fare on the van...
wattsed
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby origcavy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Tienda Manuel Leon seems to be well respected and can make arrangements ahead of time. TML also runs a shuttle bus between the two, but it may take a little while as it stops downtown at their bus station in between.

Taxi Ezeiza is another one that seems to be well respected. I think Taxi Eziza is a couple dollars cheaper.

I've been playing on the Trip Advisor forum and there are a lot of warnings against taking a taxi (Taxi Ezeiza is fine) from the airport. As always, ignore the various men who may try to take your bag and offer to drive you in their car. :)
origcavy

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 am

Maggie (from Maggie's B&B http://www.tangofocus.com/) booked my rides with a taxi driver named Nico Llenas who was great. I'm sure he'd be able to run you between airports. I'll PM you with his cell number.

By the way, I highly recommend overnighting in BA before trying to fly to Ushuaia -- if you do, Maggie's B&B is a great place to stay and she can arrange the taxi for you.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic