Dress Code for Dining

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Dress Code for Dining

Postby anonymous928 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Hello all,

I was reading a profile on the ship and it states under dress code "Casual. No shorts, jeans or t-shirts at dinner"

http://www.vacationstogo.com/cruise_shi ... dition.cfm

Is that true, no jeans? Do we really need to pack dress pants for dinner on top of all our gear or can we wear jeans or our insulating layers like fleece, sweat, or track pants? I am trying to avoid overpacking and even though I only plan on bringing 3-4 days of each of the layering clothes to just wash and re-wear I feel like I have a full suitcase already!

Thank you!
anonymous928
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Dress Code for Dining

Postby wattsed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm

I know I saw many in jeans, rain pants, etc.at dinner on the cruise I took last Feb-March...I don't remember what I wore specifically but I know for sure I packed no slacks since I saw "casual" as the dress code..Many went to lunch directly from the zodiac with what they had on (except what they left in the mud room, of course)
wattsed

Postby wattsed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 pm

The web-site you gave also shows that seating at meals is assigned seating...this was also not the case on my trip...for all meals, including dinner, it was open seating on the trip I took..
wattsed

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:47 pm

It was open seating and there wasn't any dress code that I could tell. Other guests would appreciate it if your clothes are clean and odor free ;) but most of us were more interested in discussing the day's experience, travel tales or other conversation than in what anyone was wearing.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby wattsed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Exployer---I guess that is why I do not remember what I wore to the dinner meal since nobody was interested in what you wore but more interested in what you saw and what you did! :D
wattsed

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

relief! I dont think i own anything besides jeans, scrubs and concert attire LOL :lol:
jen_the_rockhopper
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby jimshu » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Well glad I won't be on this cruise. White shirt, bow tie, black slacks and dinner jacket please everyone....or you're over the side!
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

jimshu

Postby wattsed » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 pm

J----Before you say that you have to remember that there are more of "them" than there are of "you"----do you want to guess who goes over the side??? :lol:
wattsed

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic