temperatures and wall outlets?

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

temperatures and wall outlets?

Postby maskirovka77 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 pm

I know the weather is unpredictable in the Antarctic Peninsula but does anyone know what the average temperatures are in November?

On another note, anyone remember how many wall outlets staterooms have? I'm sharing a triple and find myself wondering how many outlets rooms have (since I'm bringing several electronic appliances).

-Nick
maskirovka77
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: temperatures and wall outlets?

Postby tletter » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 pm

maskirovka77 wrote:I'm sharing a triple and find myself wondering how many outlets rooms have (since I'm bringing several electronic appliances).

At least four including those for the bedside lights. I don't know what appliances you're bringing but unless they include some toasters and hairdryers, you might find that a multi-outlet plug would be useful to recharge small items :)
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby wattsed » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 pm

What someone experienced a year ago may or may not be what you will experience when you go..my suggestion is to google the Weather Channel ---there you will find most of the main research centers and from there you can find the average highs and lows for the month you are looking for...then about 10 days or less before your trip you can do another look up for the ten day forcast for each of these same bases...that will give you a much better idea of what to expect rather than relying on what someone else experienced a year or two ago...I did this before my trip and the forcasts were pretty accurate...
wattsed
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm

I went in Nov 2010 and found the temperatures hovered right around 0-1 C. In retrospect, that's not at all surprising since you're on the coastline and the ocean is a great heatsink. I definitely overpacked by bringing my heavy duty thermals and Nordic sweaters.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic