travelling from belfast

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

travelling from belfast

Postby martinmcauleymih » Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello,
I'm heavily considering booking Antarctica classic or classic in depth either in 2013 or 2014.
First of all can i book these trips now or do they have to be announced first?
Has anyone travelled from belfast before (gonna prob have to fly to london first) and can anyone recommend flights?
How much cash will I need for this trip to spend?
Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these questions.

Martin
martinmcauleymih
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: travelling from belfast

Postby tletter » Mon May 21, 2012 7:27 pm

martinmcauleymih wrote:booking Antarctica classic or classic in depth either in 2013 or 2014. First of all can i book these trips now or do they have to be announced first?

The trips that can be booked are listed on G's website.
martinmcauleymih wrote:How much cash will I need for this trip to spend?

The amount of cash that you'll need onboard depends if you plan to use a credit card; to drink at the bar; to buy items from the shipboard shop; to tip the crew; to buy Internet time; and to buy souvenirs at the stops in Antarctica. With these in mind, obviously the amount of cash also depends on how long your trip is. All that being said and assuming that you'll pay most onboard expenses by credit card, then I'd bring about US $200 in cash. You'll also need funds for your time ashore in Argentina but for that you could mainly use ATMs and a credit card.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic