Auto Login

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Auto Login

Postby DanielBMe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:52 am

Everytime I visit the this site I have to manually login. It would be nice if there was an option to automatically log me in like many websites do.

It just makes navigating and posting a little easier.
DanielBMe
User Rank: Elite Explorer

Re: Auto Login

Postby sinecure » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:40 am

We hear you :)

Even the moderators have to log in every time we check the site. It was some functionality that was lost in the upgrade, but I believe it is on the list to look at restoring at some point...

Cheers
Sinecure
sinecure

Postby bushkid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 am

Hey guys,

Thanks first of all for sorting out the "Double login" situation. It has managed to cut my login time from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.

What I'd like to suggest is that the login page be made as simple as possible, with menu options available after login (or a return to original thread, as it seems to work now).

Most folk don't want to see all the advertising and gumpf attached to the log-in page. They simply want to login and get on with what they came for. Maybe I'm wrong, but its the way I see it.

I operate from a remote area, with slow download times. It can take me at least 15 minutes to navigate my way through login.

Can you guys possibly make things simpler?

But I agree that the "Auto login" function would be useful to many.

But, once again, an incredible site! Wish you guys well!

Regards.
bushkid
User Rank: Nomad

Postby voidczech » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:35 am

I would love if the login would give you the "remember me" option, where you would remain logged on for, let's say, 2 weeks

-Simone

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." -- St. Augustine
voidczech
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby DanielBMe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Any news on this update? C'mon guys, it's a pretty basic feature and from what my programmer friends tell me, pretty easy to implement.

A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N A U T O L O G I N

:mrgreen:
DanielBMe

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:31 pm

What exactly is the problem on this website? Not only do I have to login again every time I visit the website (the only forum where I DON'T have the option of auto-login), but it seems to make me login again any time I have been "inactive" for more than 10 or 15 minutes. In other words, I'll log in, check the boards, go away for 20 mins or so and have to log in AGAIN -- all without ever closing my browser much less logging off the computer. This is pretty annoying.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby avonord » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:42 pm

I posted the same issue under the "suggestion" forum several weeks ago, not knowing this thread existed. The administrator gave us some update. Here's the link to the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9334
avonord

Return to Website and Forum Feedback