departure lounge

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

departure lounge

Postby colduphere » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Just a suggestion but maybe splitting the departure lounge into different continents or listing by the date of departure. Great site.
colduphere
User Rank: Traveller

Postby steve » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback! We're looking at ways of making departures easier to find and allowing members to sort the forum by "topic" would be our first choice. However this functionality is not currently available (we will look into it however).

In the meantime we've created an archive where we will move posts related to trips that have already departed. This will help reduce clutter.

Members can also search the Departure Lounge for their departure using the steps outlined in the Departure Lounge Users Guide.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers,
Steve
steve
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby Spuzzum » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm

steve wrote:In the meantime we've created an archive where we will move posts related to trips that have already departed. This will help reduce clutter.

This is a great idea. I was wondering how you would keep this clean!
Spuzzum

links at top for watering hole

Postby golpeavisa » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 pm

As a new user, new traveller with GAP, when I first came to the watering hole, i couldn't find the departure lounge. It's way below the fold and doesn't look like there's more "sections" in the watering hole, so I didn't scroll.
It might help if you put anchor links to each of the sections at the top of the page so people looking for Departure Lounge would see it immediately, and also see that there's so much more...
It was not until several visits later that it I even noticed a place to post tips etc.
I bet it would decrease user mis-posting to the destination forum instead of departures, take a load off your moderators.
golpeavisa
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby ballu » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:16 pm

For quick trip finding, once you're in the departure lounge you can hit CTRL F on your keyboard and type in your trip code into the "find" box (eg. PHPT for Absolute Peru). Just keep hitting "find next" and it'll stop off and highlight every PHPT on the page.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby sinecure » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:22 pm

You can also use the search function on top and type in PHPT* the * will find all trips regardless of the departure date so you can learn about other people who have taken the same trip. They probably had the same questions about the trip you did.

Travel Smart,
Sinecure
sinecure

Return to Website and Forum Feedback