G abandons the watering hole??

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

G abandons the watering hole??

Postby graybeard » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am

Well, despite several folks and moderators trying to get the attention of G HQ, it looks like "they" are not interested in fixing the problems with the Watering Hole. The user avatars have been missing for a long time and the new users of the forum who can't get rid of the long, LONG string of numbers/letter remains a problem. The latter is certainly a deterrent to use this resource. Some of the great moderators (Jimshu, JJudy) retired a long time ago and they are still listed as being active. No replacements for them and their expertise have been provided. Therefore I have to wonder if G is just letting forum this die by neglect. And what does this suggest about the previous attention to detail that made the G trips (I've been on three) good fun and reasonable value? Has G become a victim of its own success? Sure hope not.
graybeard
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: G abandons the watering hole??

Postby sinecure » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:47 am

I don't think we have become a victim of our success. However we do fall under the larger IT umbrella and our issues are triaged against other issues. So we may not always be at the top of the list, we are certainly getting issues looked at. The moderators that still work here are more than happy to answer any questions and help travelers as best we can.
sinecure

Postby sinecure » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 am

The images have been fixed and we've tracked down and fixed the issue with the usernames. Unfortunately, affected users will have to change their username in order to fix the problem. We have enabled user account settings editing, so any user with a broken username can fix their account by using the "User Control Panel", going to the "Profile" tab and then clicking on "Edit Account Settings".

Let us know if you find any more gremlins!
sinecure

Postby graybeard » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Great news. So maybe a little hyperbolic rant was helpful?

Doesn't matter. Glad to see it addressed by "they". :lol:

Thanks.
graybeard

Postby TravelFun » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 pm

graybeard wrote:Great news. So maybe a little hyperbolic rant was helpful?

Doesn't matter. Glad to see it addressed by "they". :lol:

Thanks.

We're trying our best :?
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby LiNa206 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 am

sinecure wrote:The images have been fixed and we've tracked down and fixed the issue with the usernames. Unfortunately, affected users will have to change their username in order to fix the problem. We have enabled user account settings editing, so any user with a broken username can fix their account by using the "User Control Panel", going to the "Profile" tab and then clicking on "Edit Account Settings".

Hi. With regard to changing the username - which I would really love to do - I need to insert my password to do so. Which I am sure is correct, as I am able to log in with it... but which I'm told is incorrect, every time I try to change the account settings... Maybe there is a solution for that? Thanks.
LiNa206
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby 9064ba6d7fc808ac868cba7b316c88 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 am

LiNa206 wrote:
sinecure wrote:The images have been fixed and we've tracked down and fixed the issue with the usernames. Unfortunately, affected users will have to change their username in order to fix the problem. We have enabled user account settings editing, so any user with a broken username can fix their account by using the "User Control Panel", going to the "Profile" tab and then clicking on "Edit Account Settings".

Hi. With regard to changing the username - which I would really love to do - I need to insert my password to do so. Which I am sure is correct, as I am able to log in with it... but which I'm told is incorrect, every time I try to change the account settings... Maybe there is a solution for that? Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem- cant update my user name as it says my password is wrong- but its definitely not! Cheers.
9064ba6d7fc808ac868cba7b316c88

Postby sinecure » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Our customer service team was reaching out to everyone who had a messed up username, I'll forward your info on to them so they can get you sorted out.
sinecure

Return to Website and Forum Feedback