Compulsory optional information when booking

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Compulsory optional information when booking

Postby dreaded_luggage » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 pm

When I booked recently, I filled in all the boxes marked with asterisks. I had to fill them in to progress, after all. Having booked the trip and the flights, I got an email:
The following details are missing from your file:
REDACTED :wink:
MEAL OR DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR ALLERGIES THE TOUR LEADER OR LOCAL OPERATOR SHOULD BE AWARE OF

ARRIVAL FLIGHT DETAILS (Although this tour does not include any airport transfers we would still like to have this information for your file)

It is essential that these missing details are provided to us by the final balance due date for all passengers. Failure to submit this information may result in a penalty as per the terms and conditions. If these details are not received thirty (30) days prior to the trip departure please note that we reserve the right to treat your file as cancelled and full penalties will apply.
If I have to fill them in, why aren't they marked as having to be filled in?

So, okay, I have to provide that information. I'll just click this here button right here and fill in the rest of the form, accessed by clicking ... the obvious button ... here in the email ... er ... here ... somewhere ... or maybe on the website ... or the forum part ... or the subscriptions page ... or ..... not.

1) Your booking system really ought to be able to handle people without allergies not filling in any allergies.

2) If you're going to let people book a trip then tell them they need to provide more info, you really ought to provide an obvious way for them to provide that info.
dreaded_luggage
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Compulsory optional information when booking

Postby sinecure » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I've forwarded your comments on to the customer service team, hopefully those changes can be made so others will have a better experience filling in the form.

Thanks again! :)
sinecure

Return to Website and Forum Feedback