Expired trips in wish list, no signature options in UCP

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Expired trips in wish list, no signature options in UCP

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:45 am

1. I have trips in my wish list that I want to remove but can't. Why do I want to remove them? Because I took them!

2. I have no options to add or edit my signature in the User Control Panel. I can't update or modify the quote or add a departure graphic when I pick my next GAP trip ...
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior

Re: Expired trips in wish list, no signature options in UCP

Postby TravelFun » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 am

Merry Christmas!

I've tried your two options and I don't have a problem...apologies if you already know the following but is what I did:

1. To delete a trip from you wishlist then click on the link of the trip. The trip summary will be displayed and under the description section there should be a 'Remove from Wishlist' button...click and your trip should be deleted from the list.

2. When your in the User Control Panel then select the 'Profile' tab. Now the 'Edit Signature' button is there but it may not be where you expect it to be. On my laptop it appears (or is slightly hidden) on top of the purple strip at the top of the page. You might be getting text overlapping on other areas. Try pressing Ctrl+A and then then links may be more visible.

Try it and let me know if it helps/works...
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:10 am

1. The problem with the wish lists is that only the [Add to Wish List] option is available. The [Remove from Wish List] appears briefly as the page is loading but disappears almost immediately, never to return. I'm using Firefox 3.5.6 with NoScript but gapadventures.com is whitelisted. One or two trips I Added and got duplicate entries on my Wish List but then Removing only got rid of one entry. I'm not sure what's going on -- the behavior isn't anything like any program I would have written ...

2. It turns out the purple bar does indeed cover the [Edit Signature] and [Edit Avatar] buttons. Thanks for reminding about using [Select All] (Ctrl-A) to highlight all the text. Now ... who designed this darned web page? This design is stupid on SO many levels ...
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
ExplorerWannaBe

Postby voidczech » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:36 am

Thanks to both of you .... I was having the same problem.

- Simone
voidczech
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby Reditor » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey ExplorerWannaBe!
Thanks for sharing your concerns, I'll be sure to bring up these issues and share them with our web team for improving.
All the best!
The Gap Adventures Difference. It's more than just Lifetime Deposits and Guaranteed Departures:
Why travel with Gap Adventures

Are you signed up for bridging the gap, our inspiring travel newsletter?
Reditor

Postby nirt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 am

I am also having the same problem with not being able to remove trips from my wishlist. The same as ExplorerWannaBe - when i load the trip the "remove from wishlist" shows up very briefly then disappears. If I add the trip again then there are two and can only remove one. Any ideas? I've tried all that has been mentioned here and no luck, and emailed GAP but have had no reply. I ended up taking one of the trips and it was great! but now I want to delete it from my wishlist along with the other trips from that continent so I can load up on new "possible" trips in another part of the world. Thanks in advance for the help.
nirt
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby chardonais » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 am

Ditto for me - can't remove trips from my wishlist..........

chardonais
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby nikimarcotte » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:06 pm

seems to be the trips i put into my wishlist either before they changed the website or right after it first changed, do not have a remove option, any new ones i add are normal..hopefully this is resolved soon:)

also, am i the only one who can't find my wishlist unless i go search for a trip, and once i am on a specific trip page, then i can see my wishlist. is there another place to find it? used to show up by the search area as soon as i signed in.
nikimarcotte

Postby AC81 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm wondering how you get one of those purple boxes in the signature block with the "ask me about my adventure vacation to xxx" or "I'm leaving for XX in XX days"?
AC81
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby sinecure » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:29 pm

You can create it here: http://www.gapadventures.com/widgets/

And then copy it into your signature.
sinecure

Postby carlito25 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:26 am

I created a widget (which I was only able to do after reading the previous posts and finding a link to in one of them), but where is the "User Control Panel". I'm trying to add/edit my e-mail signature. Also, where is it that you can add/edit an avatar?

Thank you!
“A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
User Rank: Traveller

Postby IncaTrail50 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 pm

carlito25 wrote:I created a widget (which I was only able to do after reading the previous posts and finding a link to in one of them), but where is the "User Control Panel". I'm trying to add/edit my e-mail signature. Also, where is it that you can add/edit an avatar?

Thank you!

Once you sign in and go to the Watering Hole you'll see a line directly under the "Watering Hole" title, one part of which says "User Control Panel". When you click on that you'll get a box with tabs and clicking on those tabs allow you to change all of those things you want to change. I found that depending on what browser you're using you may find the User Control Panel line overlaying the purple GAP banner tabs so it's hard to see.
Kim
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby carlito25 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks Kim!

Your directions did the trick. :P

~ Carl
“A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Website and Forum Feedback