Vietnam "visa on arrival"

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Vietnam "visa on arrival"

Postby 1banshee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 pm

I got my visa on arrival with www.myvietnamvisa.com I did a lot of research and this service is recommended by The New York Times, Travel Fish and Trip-advisor; it's hassle free, all I did Is fill the on line application paid $19 using Pay Pal within two days I received the approval letter, once I arrived at the airport there is a line in customs for visa on arrival I paid another $25 cash and gave them two passport photos I got my passport stamped and went on my way
1banshee
User Rank: Traveller

Postby kevinnguyen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 am

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.
kevinnguyen
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby nytim » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:58 am

If you are returning to Vietnam after Cambodia you will have to get a multiple entry Visa. These are not available at the border. I got a single entry then after I realized my error, I had to re-apply for a multiple entry visa. Quite an expensive error.
nytim
User Rank: Nomad

Postby eldiablo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi All:

I'm thinking of getting my visa's on arrival for Vietnam, its too costly for me to send away to Ottawa, is it ok to take a chance??? I will bring extra pass port pictures.

Cheers

El Diablo :twisted:
eldiablo

Postby adamrousell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:43 am

I was told I needed to get a visa before arrival, possibly because of going in through a land crossing. It's always a bit nerve racking sending your passport off before you travel, but I sent mine to the embassy in London and I got it back fairly quickly (although there was a bit of a delay due to chinese new year). I would say it's better to be safe then sorry and get it done before hand
Life is a long journey, so leave behind that which will weigh you down

adamrousell
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby jrscott4547 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 am

We received a paper Visa from the Vietnam embassy in Ottawa. All we had to do was send a photocopy of our passport (and $100). The turn-around time was just over a week, and it was nice not to be worried about the possibility of our passport being lost in transit.
jrscott4547

Postby eldiablo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi jrscott4547

Thanks for the information I think i'm going to send for my visa in Ottawa to avoid any problems.

Cheers

El Diablo :twisted:
eldiablo

Postby collywobbles » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi

I posted a copy of my passport to the Embassy in London and had my visa back in 5 days. I got a loose leaf visa. So I did not have to send my passport. :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby chrisa » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Yes you can't use the Visa on arrival system for entering Vietnam by land, as is done on most of the G Adventures trips.
In my case, my flight to Bangkok happens to have a stopover at Ho Chi Minh City for a couple of hours, so I took the gamble that I'll be able to complete the visa on arrival at the airport whilst waiting for my connecting flight to Bangkok. Bit of a risk, but I think the Vietnamese visa is very overpriced when you consider the average salary in Vietnam. The Visa on arrival is certainly cheaper than getting it through the UK embassy.
chrisa

Postby fischers » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:53 pm

I posted info on re vietnam visa
email the embassy and they will send you the applic. and info to send it back to them
vietnamembassy@rogers.com much easier and cheaper than any site i found online Sandy
fischers

Postby blackbelt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:51 pm

1banshee wrote:I got my visa on arrival with http://www.myvietnamvisa.com I did a lot of research and this service is recommended by The New York Times, Travel Fish and Trip-advisor; it's hassle free, all I did Is fill the on line application paid $19 using Pay Pal within two days I received the approval letter, once I arrived at the airport there is a line in customs for visa on arrival I paid another $25 cash and gave them two passport photos I got my passport stamped and went on my way

I can confirm similar results for http://www.myvietnamvisa.com on my Best of Vietnam trip back in Nov 2011. Flew into Hanoi and made beeline to visa counter so that I was first in line. Took about 5 minutes and I was all set (tip: make sure you have exact amount and currency for visa stamping fee at airport).
blackbelt

Postby fischers » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:26 pm

for Canadians I emailed the embassy vietnamembassy@rogers.com They emailed me an application form and a how to apply form I sent it through Canada post as was suggested and recieved my visa within a week It was the cheapest and easiest way i found and you do not send your passport only a copy Sandy
fischers

Previous

Return to Asia