Vaccinations for SE Asia

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Vaccinations for SE Asia

Postby pickle1983 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

Hi all,

I am going on a 6 week trip to SE Asia, visiting Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Loas.

I noticed on the uk vaccination website website that Japanese B enchapalitis should be "only considered" but now i am wondering if i should get it done? I go in 3 weeks though.

Has anyone else been and not had this done?

Thank you,
Nic
pickle1983
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Vaccinations for SE Asia

Postby lj2013 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:00 pm

I leave for Vietnam in 3 weeks. I am already vaccinated for Hep B so was just recommended to get Hep A, typhoid and a tetanus/diptheria booster.
lj2013
User Rank: Weekender

Postby laurenh91 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi im going same places and from uk.. i didnt bother getting it done i was told it wasnt completely necessary. I have a friend that is already out travelling and is actually now living with a job in Laos and she hasnt had it either.. so you should be okay if you dont want to pay out for it as it is quite expensive! But its your choice at the end of the day :)
laurenh91
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby rachelb09 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi,

I am going to Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in November.

I have been vaccinated against Hep A&B and Rabies. I will be getting the typhoid vaccination too before I go.

I couldn't decide about the Japanese Encephalitis either but having read the symptoms I think I am just going to pay and get it done!

Also as I will be in SE Asia for 2.5 months I just don't know where else I will be going so would rather be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps :)

Rachel
x
rachelb09

Return to Asia