Accommodation around Palolem Beach, Goa

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Accommodation around Palolem Beach, Goa

Postby jhiera » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:27 am

Hi,

I'm planning to do a 3-week-trip through India in March 2014. For the first two weeks I'm probably gonna do the Tiger an Temples Tour and then head to Goa for a week on the beach.
I think Palolem Beach would be the right area where you can meet fellow travellers but still it seems not totally overcrowded. So does anyone know a good hostel in that area? As I'm a girl travelling on my own it would be nice to have a hostel where you can feel safe.
cu
Linda
jhiera
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Accommodation around Palolem Beach, Goa

Postby ScullyG » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Linda

I stayed at Bhakti Kutir a couple of years ago. It's a very nice eco hotel. Great food, very clean and friendly. The bathroom is a squad toilet and you got hot water delivered in a bucket.
Sounds strange but it was one of the most relaxing places I ever stayed. It is close to the beach just down the cliffs.

Cheers,
Dana
ScullyG

Postby ScullyG » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:21 am

Just did a quick search and they finally have a web site http://www.bhaktikutir.com
ScullyG

Postby robertmartin001 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:57 am

In palolem you can find cocohuts from 150 Rs to 1,500 Rs. Obviously absolutely different but always in front of the beach..., if depends what are you looking for.
My advice is to choose once you are there. In March occupation will be less than 50%, you have plenty to choose.
robertmartin001

Return to Asia