Sunshine in SE Asia in November/December

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Sunshine in SE Asia in November/December

Postby smurphette » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Hey all,

I'm off on the Indochina Discovery tour at the end of November this year, and I'm asking about what to expect or what people have experienced.

I don't take the sun very well but this is the only time we can go, I know it's cooler at this time than during the summer for example but I was just wondering what I should expect and what kind of clothes would people recommend etc?

So excited :)
smurphette
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Sunshine in SE Asia in November/December

Postby smurphette » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Also - I want to bring a backpack but a friend of mine was saying to bring a roll along case. I think that's madness but she says the weight of the backpack will drive me mad. What do people think?
smurphette

Postby rachelb09 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 am

Hi,

I haven't been on this trip but I will be going on the Indochina Encompassed tour at the beginning of november.

I have bought a backpack as I thought this would be easier.

I will be packing mainly lightweight summer clothes eg. tops and shorts and i will take a hoody for when it might be cold in places like Laos.

I am also taking a maxi skirt to wear to the temples as we will need to be covered up.

I know that if I forget anything I should be able to buy it there :)

Hope this helps!

Rachel
x
rachelb09

Postby timelesssymphony » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 pm

I haven't been on this tour but I have been in all the areas it covers in this time frame. It will be warm, I was in Cambodia end of November last year and it was very hot and humid, but it could have been worse. I wore a sunhat and sandles/shorts and a button up shirt (I bought lots of these in Cambodia for a great price) The plus is this is the dry season for the area :) I saw people with roll on cases and backpacks, I used a roll on case but my friends had backpacks and enjoyed them as well.
timelesssymphony
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby smurphette » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks both of you :)
smurphette

Return to Asia