Hill tribe trek - what footwear?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hill tribe trek - what footwear?

Postby travel182 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:14 am

Hi,

I'm doing the South East Asia on a shoestring tour (Bangkok to Singapore) and part of it is a hill tribe trek in Chiang Mai.

I was wondering what footwear people would recommend for this? Hiking boots or just trainers?
travel182
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Hill tribe trek - what footwear?

Postby charliemoron12 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello,
I am also doing this trip and have searched for likable light footwear (I dislike the classic hiking shoes). I think I am going to buy trainers with cushioned sole and ankle support. I looked at sketchers walk which were so light and easy to pack.
charliemoron12

Postby monkeymagic » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi Guys have a look in TK Maxx ideal for walking shoes, buy the trainer type one's you don't have to spend big money.
monkeymagic
User Rank: Weekender

Postby curly_fries » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:22 am

Hi

I did the trip last year. I got a pair of walking trainners from TKMAX approx £30. I looked at simialr in go outdoors. Make sure they have good grip and ankle support. There are some steep drops and if it's wet you'll need good grip. It's a fantastic couple of days. Good luck and pack your day pack lightly.

Katy
curly_fries

Return to Asia