Can't decide which trip for India. Which should I do?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Can't decide which trip for India. Which should I do?

Postby Edward_77 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 am

I am severely on-the-fence between "India Encompassed" (AHHE) and Delhi to Kathmandu (AHDK).

Here are some bullet points that are making this decision difficult for me:
[*]AHHE is 28 days long, but it ONLY includes 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 2 dinners.[/*]
[*]AHHE allows me to maximize my time and experience soaking in as much of India as I can.[/*]
[*]AHDK ends up in Nepal, which I really want to see (and do the flight tour to see Mt. Everest).[/*]
[*]AHDK is 1/2 the cost of AHHE.[/*]

So basically, can anybody help me to make a solid decision?
Is Kathmandu, Nepal worth the reduction in trip days in India?
I would also love to do both, but im trying to simplify things and also be within my budget.

Thanks all.
-Edward
Edward_77
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Can't decide which trip for India. Which should I do?

Postby collywobbles » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:00 pm

hi Edward 77

I did the ahdk delhi to kathmandhu trip. And I have to say I really enjoyed it . It took in the main cities of India and we also had an overnight train trip to veranasai. It was a bit of everything. Some meals were included but for most of the time we bought our own meals. They were not that expensive. We stayed in the permanent tents in orchaa which I loved. I did the flight over Everest which I loved as well as paragliding in Nepal. We did have a long road journey from pokahara to Kathmandhu which was bumpy and long. As I said we saw the main cities agra, delhi Veranasai I have some photos on www.flickr.com/photos/collywobbles of the trip just to give you an idea and hopefully make up your mind. Hope this will help. :D
ps this trip is 14 days long. which is probably why its cheaper.
cheers.
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby Edward_77 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Thank you collywobbles. This does help. This morning I'm leaning towards the 28 days trip.
I figure I could see Everest another day.
Edward_77

Postby avonord » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm

In terms of the meals included though, I think it's pretty much a non-issue given the low food expense in that region. Or to put it another way... it's cheaper to have a longer trip to eat there, than to take a shorter trip and eat home during those extra days.
avonord
User Rank: Nomad

Postby lyn6358 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I did the Delhi to Kathmandu trip as well last November - it was really good - you get the four main cities in the Central/Northern part of India as well as the major parts of Nepal. I liked the relative calmness of Nepal after the craziness of India. But in saying that I only had two weeks for the tour so I narrowed it down by length first and chose it for that reason. Although with the craziness that is India I was glad for the calmness of Nepal - I would think that 28 days of straight India maybe too much. It all depends on what you like & how you handle horns & people 24/7 :D
lyn6358
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby nytim » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am

I did essential India and it was great.. If you are a first timer I highly reccomend it.
nytim

Return to Asia