Indochina Encompassed

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Indochina Encompassed

Postby jssla1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello,
I am joining the Indochina Explorer tour in a few weeks time and I was wondering if anyone who has been could give some feedback on the tour? Silly question but where can we get our clothes cleaned on the trip?? :P

I am also confused about the which areas of the tour are malaria prone. My travel nurse said that I must take tablets for Laos and Cambodia but when I have looked online, I have been told to just take tablets for Laos...

Thank you!
jssla1
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Indochina Encompassed

Postby ballu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Pretty much any stop where you stay for more than one night will give you enough time to get your laundry done. Your leader will either know of a place where you can drop it off and have it done, or find out from the hotel reception.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby laurenh91 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

Im not doing that tour but i am going to Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand and I have been told Vietnam and Cambodia are high risk so you must take malaria tablets. The best ones to get are malarone. Apparently there is another one you can take which is less expensive but has more side effects and you also cannot drink on them (Not sure if this is a problem for you or not but can be for some people). You have to start taking them 1-2 days before you go to the hish risk areas then carry on taking them a week or so after you are back.

Hope this helps.
laurenh91
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby jssla1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Thank you for your replies!
jssla1

Postby curatsu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi,

I too will be traveling to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand in a few weeks.
The CDC (Center for Disease Control) in the US provides the following guidelines regarding shots etc:
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destination ... ne/vietnam
curatsu

Return to Asia