Flying from Kathmandu to delhi

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Flying from Kathmandu to delhi

Postby anj.t » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm looking at flights for the Delhi to Kathmandu trip and I'm trying to find the cheapest option seen as it isn't a round trip. I've looked at two separate one way tickets and I've looked at return with a separate single Kathmandu to Delhi tagged on. The return ticket seems way cheaper. But I have been told by a pushy estate agent at STA that Kathmandu airport often cancels lots of its smaller flights to Delhi because of the weather and advisers I get two separate one way tickets. Has anyone had any experience of this? I'm flying October/November time.

Many thanks for your help
Angela
anj.t
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Flying from Kathmandu to delhi

Postby coqui14 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

I flu Air India from New Delhi to Kathmandu and Royal Nepal in my way back and I had no problem with either fly. I found to be cheaper to buy a ticket from USA to Delhi and then buy the tickets to Kathmandu separately, than try to book the whole trip at once. ($600-800 savings). Good luck.
coqui14
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby whatcher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Hello,

When I did the Delhi to Kathmandu trip I booked the one way ticket from KTM top DEL separately and it wasn't very expensive at all. I highly recommend this.

-Bill
whatcher
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby kcupp95 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 am

Where are you flying from?

Is it a direct flight to Delhi?

Are you able to do a multi-city flight where you book a return ticket to a "hub airport" (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore etc) and then flights from that hub to Delhi and then from Kathmandu back to the hub? Of course if you can fly direct to Delhi from your city I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm looking at doing this trip (I live in Australia) and would be able to book a return ticket to Hong Kong and then fly Hong Kong to Delhi direct and then Kathmandu to Hong Kong direct, so perhaps something similar to this would be an option?

kcupp95
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby Edward_77 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:19 am

What site did yawl use to book a flight from Kathmandu to Delhi?

I'm having to ask my Indian co-workers for help and so far I booked a flight from Mumbai to Delhi (im arriving in Mumbai from the U.S.) via an Indian website. I basically paid the $75 airfare (which was quoted in Indian Rupees) with my credit. I'm not sure how all this will pan out. I certainly hope I wont run into any logistical issues regarding my flights, because if I do, I just might be stranded.
Edward_77
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Asia