China Tours

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

China Tours

Postby efrischman » Wed May 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Planning to do the Highlights of China tour that departs on June 23rd. Curious if anyone recently went on this trip or another similar China tour? Had a few questions on what to expect
efrischman
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: China Tours

Postby alex0077 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:03 am

I went to highlights of China tour 3 months ago, I spent Eight days there. I enjoyed ancient culture and modern miracles in China. I visited Temple of Heaven, Great Wall of China, Summer Palace, Terracotta Warriors, Xi’an City Wall, Yuyuan Garden. What a great trip it was, I would like to go there again.
alex0077

Postby coachchris » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:57 pm

My wife and I am going on the Highlights of China trip and not sure what to expect regarding luggage restictions while travelling on the trains, etc. We were each planning on taking a smaller suitcase on wheels, but I have read that backpacks are more suitable especially since your bag must fit under the bed when on the sleeper train. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thxs.
coachchris

Postby rach88 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:39 am

Hi coachchris

I wouldn't worry to much as long as they aren't HUGE. I just completed essential china and had two woman travelling the world for 5 months and they had rather large bags with wheels. Us with packs put our bags in the racks then One we were able to fit under the bed and the other we put under the table and just couldn't put our legs there but didn't matter we still had plenty of room. It really helps paying the extra tips to get onto the train first before everyone else so you get first pick of where to put your luggage!

Enjoy your trip!
Rachel
rach88

Return to Asia