Vietnam and Cambodia Visas for US citizens

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Vietnam and Cambodia Visas for US citizens

Postby bordueax06 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

I have been researching visa information for Cambodia and Vietnam and had a few questions:
1) Has anyone obtained the Cambodia visa online? Were there any issues when you tried to use it at border control? Seems like an easy way to obtain a visa.
2) Now the Vietnam one seems a little complicated. I need a multiple entry visa because I will be going in and out of Vietnam during a 10 day period. Did anyone have any issues when they sent in their passports to the embassy? I am also having a hard time locating the fee on the website. Did anyone use a processing company instead of doing it yourself? Also does the the 30 day visa start when stamped at the border or when you receive it in the mail? The Vietnam website is not very clear.
Thanks to anyone that can help!
bordueax06
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Vietnam and Cambodia Visas for US citizens

Postby nytim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 am

The Vietnam visa form asks when you will arrive in the country. The 30 days start from that date. I have been three times and never had an issue with sending my passport to the embassy. For Cambodia one can get a visa at the border. Last was $20 plus two passport photos. Hope this helps you out.
nytim
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Vietnam and Cambodia Visas for US citizens

Postby jerrym » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm

yes cambodia via sta travel said we can get at the boarder. For Vietnam visa i took my passport to town to a travel agent who sent a copy of my passport to consolate and I had my visa withing 10 days.
jerrym
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Asia