Day tours in Delhi

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Day tours in Delhi

Postby cinda26 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi All,

I have a day and a half in Delhi before i depart on the Delhi to Kathmandu tour on the 3rd August. I'm keen to see the temples and historical sights of Delhi, but as a lone female i do not want to attempt this on my own. Can anyone recommend a good day tour to book for my time in Delhi? I do not want just a driver who will drop me off at sights. I'd rather be on a tour or have a guide who will explain the history etc of the sights.

Thanks for your help :)
cinda26
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Day tours in Delhi

Postby johnedward » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 pm

There are plenty of travelling guides in Delhi who teach about all the historical places of Delhi. When first time I was visited in Delhi with my father. At that time, we hired a guide and we learnt the information about every historical place.
johnedward

Postby lauramk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 pm

There is a wonderful company called "Tours by Locals" that has a wide selection of wonderful guides for many destinations around the world. They have 86 day or 1-4 day tours for Delhi. See the link: http://www.toursbylocals.com/TBL/WebObj ... q7VxCvs4Sg.

I have used them in the past and am using them for a Fergana/Osh add-on to my tour with G-Adventures to Uzbekistan in May.

Best of luck!
lauramk

Postby maxsteel » Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

can the tour guides be trusted to maintain safety in view of the recent spate of violence against females in india
maxsteel

Postby nytim » Thu May 16, 2013 8:03 am

There is ahi on hop off bus tour of Delhi very safe indeed.
nytim
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Asia