Cycling Tour in Yangshuo

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Cycling Tour in Yangshuo

Postby melody02 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

I am considering the Highlights of China tour this Fall - it seems like a fantastic trip. However, there might be a slight problem for me. The cycling tour in Yanghuo seems perfectly great... if you know how to ride a bike. I am one of the probably 5 people in the world who never learned how to ride a bike. Is there anyone that has gone on this trip that can give me some insights? Will I be able to have a good experience by walking instead of biking? Obviously I wouldn't be able to cover as much ground, but...
melody02
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cycling Tour in Yangshuo

Postby stephanp » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:48 pm

Hey Melody,

The Highlights of China is definitely a great trip in my opinion! I'm actually leaving for that trip next week so if you are able to wait a little while, I can definitely get back to you when I am back home.

That being said, I would have to assume/believe that your CEO will find a way to make sure that you have the full experience of that day in Yanghshuo. Even if walking is not an option, I'm confident that you'll be able to still enjoy that part of the itinerary.

And who knows, you may actually end up having the opportunity to learn how to ride a bike, which I'm sure would make the trip even that much more memorable!

Stephan
stephanp
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Cycling Tour in Yangshuo

Postby Zuleika » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am

ask your ceo about hiring a motor tricycle taxi for the day to get you around. Shouldnt be too difficult or expensive to organise.
Or if your feeling brave they have tandems - I had one! - lots and lots of fun and someone else can do the steering and balancing for you!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Asia