Everest Adventure Luggage

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Everest Adventure Luggage

Postby s600rum » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 am

Hey guys.

I'm going on the Everest Adventure quite soon and was just curious about luggage storage. I have a reasonable size bag for carrying everything and it mentions taking a bag for day to day trekking. Does that mean that your bags will be left at the teahouses during the day? I was just curious as I didn't know if we'd be staying at the same teahouse each night or going to a different one each night.

I just wanted to check whether i'd need to be carrying everything with me every day? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sam
s600rum
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Everest Adventure Luggage

Postby ipdan10 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 am

Sam,
You will carry a day backpack holding what you need for the day; jacket, water, meds / first aid, snacks, rain gear, etc. Your trekking gear; trekking clothes, sleeping bag, etc will be carried by the porters to a different teahouse each night (up to ~15 pounds). All your other travel stuff; travel clothes, luggage, etc will be left at the starting hotel in a locked room (you get a receipt) to be picked-up when you return.
ipdan10
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby ricky372 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 am

Hi guys,

I have the necessary trek gear along with me for the everest base camp tour except a sleeping bag. I hope I dont need to carry a sleeping bag, as the package includes lodging in the teahouses everynight.

Regards,

Rohan
ricky372

Postby Zuleika » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

ricky372 wrote:Hi guys,

I have the necessary trek gear along with me for the everest base camp tour except a sleeping bag. I hope I dont need to carry a sleeping bag, as the package includes lodging in the teahouses everynight.

Regards,

Rohan

You definitely need a sleeping bag as no bedding is provided beyond the odd blanket if your lucky to get there first. The tea houses are very basic, some are no more than shacks and dont have any warmth in them.
It is also VERY cold so at least a 4 season.
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Asia