Post tour Hotels in Kathmandu

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Post tour Hotels in Kathmandu

Postby alabama-on-tour » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am

Hi All

Can anyone recommend any post-tour hotels in Kathmandu? Something tradition or cosy would be nice rather than a buisness style hotel.

Thanks
Amy
alabama-on-tour
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Post tour Hotels in Kathmandu

Postby michelle808 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Amy,

I will be in Kathmandu myself in May & June, I'm booked @ the 'Hotel Tibet International.' It is a bit away from the Thamel area, though for myself I wanted to stay in the Boudhanath Stupa area which is in walking distance of the hotel.

http://www.hoteltibetintl.com.np/

Have a great trip!
Michelle
michelle808

Re: Post tour Hotels in Kathmandu

Postby ladybugz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am

Hi!

I stayed at the Fuji Hotel in Kathmandu which was the G Adventures post tour accommodation when I did the 'Delhi to Kathmandu' trip last year. I actually had another one booked, but loved this one so much that I just stayed there! It has a gorgeous international cafe down the end of the lane, with free wifi serving Asian & Western style meals - great food and ambience. Also a street back from the markets, which I spent nearly every day! :lol:
ladybugz
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Asia