Indochina Discovery

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Indochina Discovery

Postby stu_89 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

For the people who have done that trip how much spends did you take, would be most appreciated to hear from you guys :D

look forward to hearing from you
stu_89
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Indochina Discovery

Postby ballu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Please use our departure lounge section to find fellow travellers:

viewforum.php?f=53
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby nikimarcotte » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

depends how much of a shopper you are...some of us bought lots, but not necessarily expensive. hoi'an,vietnam: got custom made clothes, shoes, etc. paintings in every country. jewellery in thailand and vietnam. laos:hand embroidered duvet covers ($20us), wooden carved items, woven silk items. clothing every country.

then there are the extra excursions you can pay for along the way: snorkelling cambodia; chu chi tunnels, mud baths, town tours, water puppet show, halong bay cruise vietnam; various temples, elephant rides, kuang si water fall, kayaking, biking laos; tiger kingdom thailand
are the ones i did, all good, but totally depends what you have time for and what you are interested in.
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby stu_89 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 pm

i plan on doing all of the optional tours, and getting a custom made suit and doing quite abit of shopping around the placeswe visit!
stu_89

Postby jledarby » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:09 pm

I am also interested in this;

~ How much should I budget just for food and other daily expenses (i.e. excluding souvenirs and optional activities)?
~ How much did you spend on optional activities throughout your trips?
~ What currencies did you use, and when?
jledarby

Postby burt_travel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:09 pm

jledarby wrote:I am also interested in this;

~ How much should I budget just for food and other daily expenses (i.e. excluding souvenirs and optional activities)?
~ How much did you spend on optional activities throughout your trips?
~ What currencies did you use, and when?

Food Budget can be broken down to:

$275 for Vietnam
$250 for Cambodia
$225 for Laos & Thailand

All for a total $750, the maximum recommended amount for food G Adventures posted on the Indochina Discovery page.

G Adventures also recommended (in the downloadable Trip Details PDF file in the Before You Go section) that $350 should be enough for any alternative extra activities you want to do.

As for spending money, I would recommend researching how much money your country allows for duty-free purchases for trips of that length, and then think about how much money you'd be willing to pay duty fees on.

Lonely Planet recommends that you carry small amounts of local currency, but that most transactions can be done with US Dollar or Thai Bhat. G Adventures recommends not carrying large sums of cash, but rather have some cash, some on credit card or travellers cheque, and some on debit cards.

Hope that helps! :D
burt_travel

Postby condylus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 am

I've spend somewhere around 1500 dollar on this trip.
I didn't buy any clothing and maybe 100 dollars worth of souvenirs.
The other 1400 went to optional activities, food and drinks (lots and lots of drinks if I may say).
We were a group of people in there mid and early twenties, so we went out allot!
condylus
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Return to Asia