vietnam visa

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

vietnam visa

Postby wanderwoman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm

I have just used the VOA program and it works well. You need a stamped "invitation" from a Vietnamese agency. You get this through a local canadian travel agent-the one you booked your air ticket with...they get this thru their asian air provider.At the airport in Vietnam-I entered at Hanoi-there is a visa desk. You fill out a form, hand over US45.00 and 2 passport size photos(they took only 1) and it is done. At midnight, there were at least 10 people working there. There were others there with "problems" but the many staff meant little waiting. This sure beats the strange websites in the computer and the hassle of dealing with the Ottawa office and all the Xpresspost costs.
wanderwoman
User Rank: Weekender

Re: vietnam visa

Postby avonord » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm

From what I gathered, you can get the VOA from a number of online vendors. I don't know which one is reliable, but I found at least one that accepts Paypal.
avonord
User Rank: Nomad

Postby sheilab » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 pm

I got mine ahead of time and I'm glad I did. It took two of our fellow travelers 2 hours despite having a VOA. No problems, it just took forever.
sheilab
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby avonord » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Mmmm. Too late for me. Just paid for my VOA. Hope I have better luck. What time of day did u arrive (hanoi?) airport?
avonord

Postby mojowp » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 am

I sent for the information from the Vietnam Consulate in Ottawa and they sent me all of the information and forms to complete.

I'm surprised at the cost. A single entry visa is listed as costing $95.00 Canadian! I'm sending away for minetoday.

If anyone is interested in the documents that I was sent, just let me know and I will send them.
It's the journey, not the destination.

mojowp
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby avonord » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:05 am

Bewteen u and me, that's $35 difference per person + first class shipping. ($45 stamping fee + $15 VOA application fee for me) That's a lot! :)
avonord

Postby lj2013 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 pm

I just used myvietnamvisa.com to get my VOA. Applied online, paid $20 with my credit card and within 3 days got the permission letter emailed to me. So with just the $45 to pay when I get there it worked out cheaper than getting the visa directly from the embassy. I never like the idea of sending my passport away to any place anyway.
lj2013

Return to Asia