Colours of Asia - Singapore to Bangkok (AGCA) Information

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Colours of Asia - Singapore to Bangkok (AGCA) Information

Postby nburgess31 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 am

Hi everyone,

Last year I completed the Colours of Asia tour on 12 October 2012.

If you are interested in what is involved and the highlights you might find my journal useful. I do recommend this trip but watch out for the overnight train trip to Bangkok! Have fun.

http://nathanburgessinsights.com/2013/0 ... ighlights/
nburgess31
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Colours of Asia - Singapore to Bangkok (AGCA) Informatio

Postby mrive008 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks!
mrive008
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby zenia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 am

Thats amazing! Thank you!
zenia

Postby riverofbeauty » Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 am

I just did this tour in December/january.

I really enjoyed it, it was a great experience and saw a great variety of places. Everything is sooo cheap and the food is good.

I was travelling on my own, the tour was full, and most of them were couples which was a bit of a shame for me as they often went off and did their own thing.

The trip was a little unorganises in my opinion, and we didnt know what time we would be leaving the next day until the night before. The longest drive (besides the overnight train) is after the ferry from Lankawi. Its about 6hrs drive to Ao Nang.

Langkawi was my favourite, Kuala Lumpur was a big disappointment. Most of the accommodation was average, but I expected that so it didnt bother me!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions :)
riverofbeauty

Postby makkapakka » Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 am

Guys this was awesome information you have given, i'm doing the Bangkok to Singapore in Feb, it had just made me more excited! :-D
If I need any more information,I hope you won't mind me contacted you guys!
Thank you!
makkapakka

Postby nburgess31 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:45 pm

makkapakka wrote:Guys this was awesome information you have given, i'm doing the Bangkok to Singapore in Feb, it had just made me more excited! :-D
If I need any more information,I hope you won't mind me contacted you guys!
Thank you!

Makkapakka have fun, it is really enjoyable trip, even the overnight train trip is an experience if you have the right people (I did in my group as we celebrated our trip together).

Do not miss visiting Ang Thong National Marine Park and kayaking in the Gulf of Thailand and strongly recommend visiting the Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur even if it is hard work climbing all those stairs!

Have a great time.
nburgess31

Postby makkapakka » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Thank you nburgess31, i'm really stoked about it, great tips, is the trek hard when your carrying a big bag, i'm going to Oz after, so my bag will quite big, but will minimise my contents!
I took the opportunity of looking at your pictures, (hope you didn't mind) they were amazing!
Well thanks again Burgess!
Xxx
makkapakka

Postby nburgess31 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 am

makkapakka wrote:Thank you nburgess31, i'm really stoked about it, great tips, is the trek hard when your carrying a big bag, i'm going to Oz after, so my bag will quite big, but will minimise my contents!
I took the opportunity of looking at your pictures, (hope you didn't mind) they were amazing!
Well thanks again Burgess!
Xxx

No problems about looking at the photos they are upload for that reason!

The big bag should be a major problem but ideally it would be able to be carried on your back (backpack) or with wheels if it is really heavy. Still I've travelled with people with very big bags and they still managed.

Where are you headed to in Oz, it's my home country so I might have some suggestions.
nburgess31

Postby makkapakka » Mon May 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Ah your from Oz! I so can't wait to get out there, I am starting of in Brisbane, n then make my way down to Melbourne! Where do you live out there? I really wanna go to the Phillip island, they got penguins there right?
Yea don't think the bag thing should be a problem, sure I'll manage, hopefully!
Xxx
makkapakka

Postby nburgess31 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 pm

You will (hopefully) have lots of fun in Australia. Definitely penguins at Philip Island, last time I was there had one walk on my feet :). Try to visit the Great Ocean Road when in Victoria, stunning coastline.

I'm located in Southbank which is 5 minute walk across Yarra River into Melbourne CBD.

I'm sure you bag will be fine.

http://nathanburgessinsights.com/
nburgess31

Postby nburgess31 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Plus Australia dollar has dropped 14 cents against US dollar so I'm assuming big drops against all currencies making the visit more affordable (not cheap however).
nburgess31

Return to Asia