Weather for Cambodia, Vietnam

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Weather for Cambodia, Vietnam

Postby bordueax06 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 pm

I was considering traveling through Cambodia and Vietnam this summer. It is the only time period which I can spend alot of time there. I'm concerned about monsoon season. Anyone have any advice on weather for June, July and August there? Will it make traveling through those counties difficult?
bordueax06
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Weather for Cambodia, Vietnam

Postby jessiainscough » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:30 pm

I did the indochina discovery tour in july last year, and didn't really find the rain to be a problem - It rained relatively frequently, and when it did it was very heavy, but lasted for maximum half an hour, so wasn't a problem at all - One time we were in (I think) Nha Trang and it rained so much, I think there was a foot of water on the ground, but it was gone within an hour! I found the heat more of a problem - it reached about 40 Celsius in many places in vietnam, so be prepared for that, and make sure you take lots of sun cream and always carry around lots of water. You will have a great time!
jessiainscough
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby avonord » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm

I joined the essential Cambodia and Vietnam tour in mid July this year (AVEV130716) . I talked to a few people and most gave me similar feedbacks as Jess. One person told me that the rain seemed to come everyday about the same time around sunset. The heat I think I can live with. I went to India in July few years ago and I was fine. It's gonna be a lot more humid this time around though.
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby sheilab » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I did this trip in late June and early July. The humidity is unreal, but doable. Always carry bottled water. The rain isn't very much, and it's a relief. It cools you down.
sheilab
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Asia