China & Tibet Cultural Journey

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

China & Tibet Cultural Journey

Postby rsc69 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Has anyone been on this trip? Feedback?
rsc69
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: China & Tibet Cultural Journey

Postby wood11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 am

We were looking to going on this trip in July but it may be cancelled as visitors aren't allowed into Tibet at the moment.
We don't want to book it and then not go. There's the flights to consider as well.
wood11

Postby missjeanbrodie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I came on to post the same thing re permits. G Adventures advised me to wait a couple of months before booking Tibet Adventure. Gutted - I'd love to go to Tibet. :(
missjeanbrodie
User Rank: Traveller

Postby rebeccatoigo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm

I was hoping to get on this tour for May 12th departure, but so far there is no say in whether it goes or not so I haven't booked it. My back up plan is to go on Highlights of China. Any Canadians booked on this tour or hoping to go on this tour on May 12th 2013?

Rebecca
rebeccatoigo

Postby roguenurse » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 pm

I was told, by a very helpful Agent, that it would be best to wait on this trip, so I booked a Best of Vietnam instead. Totally bummed that it didn't work out, though, because it looks amazing!
roguenurse

Postby rebeccatoigo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I heard through another tour agency (not G Adventures) that Tibet opened last week and that they can send groups of any size..not needing 4 people on the same passport nationality as they had been saying. They are opened in April is what he told me. I think I will call G Adventures today and ask what they think about this tour.
rebeccatoigo

Postby missjeanbrodie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 pm

As of Monday G are still saying there's no relaxation on the ban on foreigners entering Tibet. It's annoying, as there's very contradictory info on the internet, but I suppose for G trips you have to go with what they're saying. :(
missjeanbrodie

Postby t.o. megan » Mon May 27, 2013 4:11 pm

I went on this trip in October 2011 and enjoyed it. We were able to enter Tibet then.

I found some of the cultural shows they took us to pretty hokey (the audience was entirely caucasian) and honestly could have done without them. the yangtze river cruise was a day too long - it got boring.

I would recommend going on it (provided you can go to Tibet) - however, I would also say don't be afraid to split from the group a bit and go site seeing on your own...you will probably find that more fulfilling than the cultural shows they take you to. That's what I and another girl on the tour did in Shanghai and we were glad we did.
t.o. megan
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Is there any change on travel restrictions into Tibet?
moviegeekjn
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby kllgadv » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Have any of you above committed to this trip. I just recently signed on and would like to "meet" others who are going.
kllgadv

Return to Asia