Uncover India Tour Sept 2013

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Uncover India Tour Sept 2013

Postby xxzoec84xx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi everyone!
I am a single female traveller and I am looking at going to India for a 15 day trip on the Uncover India tour in September. I have flight vouchers which need to be booked ASAP. I have looked into flights with the company I have to travel with and I wouldnt get to Delhi until 1030pm on the day the trip starts. Is it best to go a day earlier and pay for one extra night or go the same day of trip starting? Any advise would be thankfully recieved as I need to book my flights now!
Many thanks, Zoe x
xxzoec84xx
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Uncover India Tour Sept 2013

Postby ballu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:30 pm

It's up to you, personally I like getting there a day early so I can get over jetlag and have a buffer zone in case I miss a flight or my luggage gets misplaced...and explore a bit.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby stephanp » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey Zoe,

It is definitely up to you, but I would recommend coming in a day early if you are going to be coming in at night for a few reasons:

1) You'll have a day or two to relax, get over your jet lag and acclimatize to your surroundings instead of getting into India and starting right away.

2) For your tour, there will be a meeting at your hotel on the first day of the tour at around 6pm in the evening where your CEO will go over everything you need to know, you'll be able to meet your group and then you'll all go out for dinner together to start the tour off on a great note. While making the meeting is not mandatory, it is always better to make it if you can!

3) Similar to point #1, you will be leaving for Agra very early on day 2 of the tour, so if you come in late on the first day then you wouldn't have a lot of time to rest/relax which could affect you for the rest of the tour!

Cheers,

Stepha
stephanp
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby xxzoec84xx » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:05 am

Hi everyone!
Thank you for the advice, I am going a day early to settle in and do some sight seeing bfore the trip starts! Cant wait for September now! xx
xxzoec84xx

Return to Asia