Flight of the Gibbon

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Flight of the Gibbon

Postby Starbuck86 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Hey all,

I'm off on AVEV in April and considering booking the half day Flight of the Gibbon option in Bangkok at the end of the tour. Have any of you done it and, if so, would you recommend it? Is half a day to long or not long enough? As far as I can see, there isn't any indication of price in the Know Before You Go document. Also, does it have to be booked in conjunction with the Cave Rappelling option in Hoi An? I'm absolutely useless at abseilling and would prefer to do the first option without the latter. I supposed I could always book it independently at the end of the trip.

Cheers! :D
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver

Starbuck86
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Flight of the Gibbon

Postby travelbug22 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 pm

I was on the essential vietnam and cambodia trip last May and did the cave repelling in Hoi An - I was scared at first but once I did the first decent my fear went away and I loved it. Also did the flight of the gibbon in Bankok at the end of the tour, this was so cool, it's an all day event and I loved it, you're in the jungle in the roof tops, its one of those surreal experiences in life. Also, if you get a chance do the 4 wheel ATV's in Cambodia, you go all over out through remote villages and through rice fields, again way cool.
Have a great trip!
Jeanne
travelbug22
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby collywobbles » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 am

Hi Jeanne

Just a question for you . Is the flight of the gibbons trip on the last day of trip ? do you need to spend an extra night in Bangkok ? .

thanks
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby avonord » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:52 am

If you search "flight of gibbon Bangkok" on google, u will see some results. Maybe that will help u decide. I searched " cave repelling Hoi an" and that sold me. :)
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Asia