roam india

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

roam india

Postby katie.darmody@gmail.com » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi, I'm 19 and I'm about to leave for the roam india tour.

I'm just worried about spending money. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how much money to take. I was thinking of taking $500 is cash- so thats 28500 INR. Which sounds like a lot but I'm going for a month. I've paid for all my accommodation and I have a travel money card with some money on that too. Is it too much cash to be carrying?

Also I'm attempting to pack- can anyone give me any tips?

Thanks!
katie.darmody@gmail.com
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: roam india

Postby whatcher » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Hello,

$500 is a good amount to bring with you, and is not too much. Just be sure to set aside $200 extra for emergencies and also bring a cash card like what you said you have, As far as packing, I suggest bringing a flashlight (you will need it) and a pair of slip-on sandals or shoes for easy removal at mosques or temples. I am currently working on my 4th trip to India so I know you will have a great time! Send me a PM if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!

-Bill

whatcher
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Return to Asia