Mosquito Nets / Roam Laos & Thailand Nov

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Mosquito Nets / Roam Laos & Thailand Nov

Postby annm » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello,

we are doing the "Roam Laos and Thailand" Tour in November and I was wondering whether anyone has done this tour (Hanoi, Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Mekong River, Chiang Kong, Chiang Mai) before and can give recommendations regarding mosquito nets.
I've been to many countries in South East Asia (apart from Laos and North Thailand) before and never really needed a net. I ususally dragged it along and there was no real need for it. Sometimes I put it up as I don't really like spiders or any other creepy crawley things and sometimes put it up, to feel a little safer while sleeping.
How is your experience? Do we need a net to protect us against mosquitoes or other insects? Or is it a waste of weight/space in our backpacks?
Also - how cold does it get at night. From past experience and what I read online it might get a little chilly but not overly cold. One long pair of trousers and a cardigan enough?

Any reply will be appreciated.

thanks, ann
annm
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Mosquito Nets / Roam Laos & Thailand Nov

Postby cmchawke@justice.ie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 am

Hi Ann
I was on this trip last july and I did bring a mosquito net not needed also one pair of trousers and 1 jumper is fine You will love this trip its great!
cmchawke@justice.ie

Re: Mosquito Nets / Roam Laos & Thailand Nov

Postby missjeanbrodie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 am

I didn't bring one and didn't need one in June.

Didn't need any warm clothes either!
missjeanbrodie
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Asia