Weight bag domestic flight Thailand

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Weight bag domestic flight Thailand

Postby prien » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 pm

I was wondering if the weight of your bag must be very low, when you take a domestic flight in Thailand? I thought I've read that the bag could be max 10- 15 kg? Are they strict at the airport?
prien
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Weight bag domestic flight Thailand

Postby desiree2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 am

Hi
Who are you flying with? Bangkok Air have a checked bag limit of 20kg and carry on of 5kg. Other airlines may be different.
Desiree
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby cmchawke@justice.ie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

No they are not strict I had 20k and 10k on board so no problem! good luck great trip!
cmchawke@justice.ie

Postby wunderluster » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:12 pm

According to this travel blog I read, if you're flying Bangkok Airways you can get extra luggage allowance simply for registering for their frequent flyer program.

The first thing to note is that just for joining Bangkok Airways’ frequent flyer program, FlyerBonus, you get an extra 10kg baggage allowance. So before flying with them be sure you join if you intend to check a bag. Their normal baggage allowance is 20kg (~44 pounds), so just for being a member you get a 30kg (~66 pounds) baggage allowance. If you’re connecting off an international premium cabin itinerary with heavy bags, that will save you a lot of money.

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatatime/ ... o-bangkok/
wunderluster

Return to Asia