Wheeled Backpack SE Asia

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Wheeled Backpack SE Asia

Postby aimeew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi, just wondering if a wheeled backpack (50-60l) would be appropriate for the indochina discovery trip? thanks
aimeew
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Wheeled Backpack SE Asia

Postby cm444 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 am

I'm not sure... I'm doing the Indochina in Feb 2013 and I've heard wheeled backpacks are the worst thing to have as they are heavy and bulky. You also find yourself breaking your back to bend down and wheel them around... Of course its entirely up to you but that was the advice I was given by my friend who did the exact same trip!
cm444

Re: Wheeled Backpack SE Asia

Postby curly_fries » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi

I've just came back from Thailand and i took the below bag:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 865906.htm

It was ok to get around and I just used the straps to put it on my back when not wheeling. I have to say I struggled a little bit and would consider taking a backpack next time. I thought I wouldn't manage a backpack but I had a go with a couple of other peoples and I found it much easier.

You might manage fine on your trip but I found it a hassle on sleeper trains, boats, up stairs etc

Have a good time on your trip :D
curly_fries
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to Asia