Safety in Nepal

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Safety in Nepal

Postby MCKEEN » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:36 am

I am considering the 'Trekking Annapurna' trip for Dec 2012 departure. Government sites note 'political unrest' in Nepal currently and advise you to exhibit extreme caution for personal safety when visiting. As far as I know Nepal has had this rating for the last several years for one reason or another. Just wondering if anyone has some insight/personal experience into this?

I don't see much information about the Annapurna circuit..most posts are regarding the EBC. Any feedback about this hike?
Having contracted Norwalk and losing 20lbs on my last hike I am concerned about sanitary conditions ( lol!) and would love to know how available washing facilities are on this trail ( I have a lot of conflicting information from reps).
Thanks!
MCKEEN
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Safety in Nepal

Postby katherine15 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 am

Hi...friend, :)
Nepal is pretty safe to travel . Nepal is safe for every travelers either women,girl or old. So please feel free to travel to Nepal & on the other had political situation is fine to.
Enjoy your travel..happy journey.. :)
katherine15
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Asia