Golden Triangle

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Golden Triangle

Postby robin666 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:13 am

Hi, I am likely taking the Golden Triangle tour Oct 21.
I am a woman travelling on my own and thought this was a good way to kick things off.
Has anyone been on this tour who can tell me what is it like? What types of places do we stay in overnight? What kinds of transportation within city and between cities? Can a woman explore and feel safe?
Thanks!
robin666
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Golden Triangle

Postby bethany1989 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey,
I'm going on the same trip a week before you. The only thing I could say is that the starting and ending hotel in Delhi (the Hotel Grand Park Inn) looks like a good hotel. You can see its reviews on TripAdvisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... Delhi.html
Sorry I can't answer your other questions!
Bethany
bethany1989

Re: Golden Triangle

Postby katherine15 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 am

Hi... :)
The Golden Triangle is Kuala Lumpur's main shopping and nightlife district.Located to the northeast of the Central KL, the Golden Triangle roughly covers the area north of Jalan Pudu, south of Jalan Ampang and west of Jalan Imbi and Jalan Tun Razak. It includes the ever busy shopping area of Bukit Bintang, the office towers of Jalan Raja Chulan, the Jalan Sultan Ismail five-star hotel strip, the Jalan P. Ramlee party street, and the entire Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) (not to be confused with KL's traditional City Centre) which is home to the Petronas Twin Towers, Suria KLCC shopping centre, KLCC Convention Centre and the KLCC Park.
katherine15

Return to Asia