Beach Thailand - End of October

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Beach Thailand - End of October

Postby lena87 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:04 am

Hello everyone!

I need some advice: I'm doing the Indochina Discovery Tour starting on 31th October from Bangkok but want to fly earlier to Thailand and have some relaxing days on the beach in advance. Can someone recommend me a beach/island easy to reach from Bangkok? I know that its end of wet season but maybe you know where it is likely to have good weather?

Would like to hear from you,
Lena
lena87
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Beach Thailand - End of October

Postby vivi12 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm

I am heading to Koh Samui for the last week of October and also to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon party, not entirely my sort of thing but thought I should check it out whilst there! Enjoy your trip!
Victoria
vivi12

Postby brasha » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:46 pm

hi,
I am doing the same thing; going 6 days earlier than when my adventure starts. I have booked a hotel in Phuket on the beach and the flight is very cheap thru Air Asia. The hotel was incredibly cheap, you may want to check that out. :D
brasha
User Rank: Weekender

Postby lena87 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 am

Heyhey,

both things sound nice! I still havent booked anything... Maybe I should look for the flights first :) brasha, did you book hotels/hostels in advance?
lena87

Postby katherine15 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:58 am

Hi... :)
What do you think is the best beach area for the time period between the end of October and beginning of November? We have been to Ko Lanta and Krabi in May and the weather was great, but now we have some doubts because it's the end of the rainy season (generally speaking). We also wanted to try something different from Lanta and Krabi.. :)
katherine15

Postby brasha » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Yes I did, I used Air Asia for the return flight to/from Bangkok to Phuket (very cheap about $100 Cdn) and I used travelzoo to book the hotel. Also very reasonable. Good luck! :)
brasha

Return to Asia