opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby worldtraveller » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Here is a Trip by G Adventures that goes to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia

i need all your opinions of this
link

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/indoch ... ATIE/2012/

now tell me does this trip seem good as to covering good culture aspects and all main points each country has to offer?

I like an honest opinion to this
as many decisions of trips are to be made? here
thanks for all your help

for anyone who has done this trip, what did u think, was it good area?
JR
worldtraveller
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: thunder bay,ontario, canada

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby sinecure » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:46 pm

I just came back from a portion of this trip. ATIE, is made up of a few smaller trips. We joined in Hanoi and followed through till Bangkok. It was quite hot and humid most days.

I heard from the people we met that they loved Laos.

What would you like to know?
Image
User avatar
sinecure
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby worldtraveller » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi i like to know waht u thought of the destinations?

what was the food like?

was the trip ? or did the trip seem rushed?

would u recommend the trip for G Adventures? in other words did G Adventures do a good job for this trip?
thanks
JR
worldtraveller
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: thunder bay,ontario, canada

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby sinecure » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:40 pm

I thought the food in Vietnam was great! Even on the boat trip we got spoiled with awesome food.

Cambodia I would recommend doing the hot air balloon ride if you have an SLR as the shots you can get are spectacular. Even in Cambodia we had some pretty good food. Laksa is something worth trying. You are kept moving, so there are a few towns that I would have loved an extra day in but when you don't have that long for a Vacation you can't just hang around. I found the transportation was a good mix.

Overall it's one of my more favorite G Adventure trips I have taken.
Image
User avatar
sinecure
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver Island

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby mojowp » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 pm

sinecure wrote:I thought the food in Vietnam was great! Even on the boat trip we got spoiled with awesome food.

Cambodia I would recommend doing the hot air balloon ride if you have an SLR as the shots you can get are spectacular. Even in Cambodia we had some pretty good food. Laksa is something worth trying. You are kept moving, so there are a few towns that I would have loved an extra day in but when you don't have that long for a Vacation you can't just hang around. I found the transportation was a good mix.

Overall it's one of my more favorite G Adventure trips I have taken.


My husband and I are thinking of doing this trip this year in July into August. Our big concern is the rainy season. Sinecure, seeing as how you went about the same time, could you please tell me if weather and the typhoon season was ever an issue?

If you think back, is there anything during your trip that you said to yourself you would bring or do if you had the chance to go on the trip again? Was there anything that you brought or did on the trip that you said to yourself, "Thank goodness I brought that!"

Thanks for your comments. They really are appreciated!
It's the journey, not the destination.

Image
User avatar
mojowp
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Rosemere, near Montreal, Canada

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby bex_oak » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

I just got back from the Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City part of this trip, and I absolutely loved it! If you go, make sure you try everything... I'm picky with my food, but tried frog, tarantula, cricket... even dog. The trip is really busy, but you still manage to see a lot of every city that you visit, it's just what you decide to do with your free time, our CEO was brilliant at organising optional activities! I hope you have a great time on the trip!
bex_oak
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby avonord » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:41 pm

worldtraveller wrote:Here is a Trip by G Adventures that goes to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia

i need all your opinions of this
link

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/indoch ... ATIE/2012/


Wow. That's basically the AVEV (departing jul 16) I joined, plus the bangkok-to-Hanoi portion. I'm envious! In terms of weather, I know it will be wet. But we don't have much choice cuz my wife is a teacher. I hear it should not be too bad though. Just hoping there won't be a typhoon.
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: opinion of Indochina Encompassed ATIE

Postby avonord » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

bex_oak wrote:I just got back from the Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City part of this trip, and I absolutely loved it! If you go, make sure you try everything... I'm picky with my food, but tried frog, tarantula, cricket... even dog. The trip is really busy, but you still manage to see a lot of every city that you visit, it's just what you decide to do with your free time, our CEO was brilliant at organising optional activities! I hope you have a great time on the trip!


I think your trip is different than OP's. Yours went in an anti-clockwise direction and ATIE Goes clockwise. Maybe a different "class" trip.

I would eat horse, brain and gut. But insects and dog are definitely off limit for me. :shock:
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada


Return to Asia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest