India trips!!

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

India trips!!

Postby kcupp95 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:17 am

Hi, am hoping to go to India next year and with their being so many choices on offer I was hoping people who had done the trips could give some insight/recommendations on what they loved/hated. Bit of background I'm a 21 female traveller who would be travelling by themselves, I just did a G trip to Canada and loved having group activities organised for the majority of time with a bit of free time thrown in here and there if that helps :) :)
kcupp95
User Rank: Nomad

Re: India trips!!

Postby whatcher » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 am

Hello,

I have taken several India trips with G Adventures and the one I enjoyed the most is the Rajasthan Adventure. It gives you a good Introduction to some of the most popular cities in Northern India. If you have extra time, you could take the Roam India tour, which is 20 days and covers a great many cities plus Varanasi, which is in my opinion one of the best places in India to visit. As a matter of fact I will be taking the Roam India trip this November. India is a somewhat challenging country to visit but definitely worth it.
While the Taj Mahal is a definite must-see for any India travellers, I found the city that it is located in (Agra) to be my least favorite. There are a lot of pushy touts and the pollution is heavy. Udaipur is one of the most beautiful cities to visit, with its whitewashed buildings and becautiful lakes. Probably the best bit of advice I can give is to bring a flashlight and a hat; they will definitely come in handy. Taking as much small change is a good idea, also. If you need to know anything specific about India, please let me know!

-Bill

whatcher
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby moviegeekjn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:34 pm

India is a huge, chaotic, and varied country that would be overwhelming to capture in ONE trip...most touristed area is Rajasthan region, so that can serve as good introduction to the country. If you're able to return, there are many other areas to explore.
moviegeekjn

Postby collywobbles » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Kcupp95

I did Delhi Kathmandhu trip last august.It was very hot that time of year. I found it very good. I have posted details of the trip we did on the forum . As already posted India is chaotic mad noisey colourful and full of stray dogs and cows but a lot of wonderful sites to see. We did hsve some free time in the cities we visited . We also did an overnight train trip to Veranasai. I also did a trip to Canada where I did a lot of hiking and activities, On this indian trip there is not a lot of hiking and rafting. horse riding etc. but when we went to nepal we went to Chitwan np and did an elephant safarai. We also did a hike to the top of Sarangkot for sun rise. It took 2 hours to hike back to the hotel. I enjoyed it . I also went paragliding in Nepal .As already posted a head torch lamp will be your best friend . This is the only trip i did of india but Im sure other people will post details of trips they did . There is a wide choice of trips to choose from so best of luck choosing your trip :?

Have some photos of my trip to india on http://www.flickr.com/photos/collywobbles

cheers :D
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby carpevita » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 am

Hi i'm going to india in november. Can anyone give me tips on money? Like should i bring over austalian money and exchange over there or exchange it here before i leave? And also how should i carry money as in do i need to sticky tape it to my body so it doesn't get stolen lol or should i just carry it in a wallet in my pocket as normal.

thanks
carpevita
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby desiree2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:36 am

Hi
Technically it's illegal to exchange dollars to rupees outside India, but there are plenty of posts about that. It's very easy to exchange money at the airport, just change enough to get you started. ATMs are everywhere so don't bother with the sticky tape (haven't heard of that before!! :lol: )
Normal security precautions are all you need.
Desiree
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Get a bonafide money belt and don't use sticky tape. Carrying money in wallets or pockets only guarantee that you WILL be robbed sometime if you travel widely...whether India, other parts of Asia, Europe, etc.
moviegeekjn

Postby katherine15 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 am

Hi..friend, :)
India is integration of wonderful cities and states. Charm of south India capture many tourists from every nook of the world. This part of India have several beautiful places holding many amusements like beaches, backwaters, wildlife, hill stations, spice gardens, ancient temples and monuments, beautiful gardens, delicious cuisines etc. This South Indian belt will proffer you with a broad spectrum of tours and travel packages to the foreign as well as domestic tourists.The places to visit in South India are Munnar,Kanyakumari,Kumarakom,Ooty,Mysore Palace,Kovalam Thekkady etc. And the South Indian places are known as the places in the lap of Mother Nature.
katherine15

Postby nytim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 am

I did Essential India with Gadventures and I would highly reccomend this as starter trip for the Sub-Continent. It is one of the more popular tours and I can see why.
nytim

Return to Asia